The SBMT Board of Directors announced its 2015-16 season line-up at the organization’s General Meeting on January 27. The events and shows include:
2015-2016 Season Shows
- Fall: Fiorello, produced by Jay Steele (assistant producer Barbara Heninger)
- Winter: Forever Plaid, produced by Walter Mayes and Jennifer Kohler
- Spring: Gypsy, produced by David Murphy and Dave Leon
- Fall: “Broadway by the Decade: Musicals of the 1930s,” directed by Brad Handshy
- Winter: Jerry’s Girls
- Spring: A one-night musical revue (probably Gershwin)
Those interested in participating on the staff of any show should contact the producers by clicking one of the email links above.
Members of the organization were honored with the following awards:
- Carol Srigley “Heartbeat Award” – Laura Carlsen
- Silver Jacket Awards:
- Kathy Smith
- Jeff Tuttle
- Bob Sunshine
- Phil Jacke
In addition, the members discussed and approved a number of changes and updates to the organization’s by-laws. Many thanks to the members of the By-Laws Committee for their work, and to the general membership for their input and amendments to the document. Committee members included Jay Steele, Jeffrey Henson, David Murphy, Kathy Switky, and Brian Haslanger.
As a result of the changes, which discontinued the ‘alternate’ Board roles, the membership voted in six new full officers to the Board:
- Jeffrey Henson
- Howard Miller
- Diane Milo
- David Murphy
- Jay Steele
- Braden Taylor
For full minutes of the meeting or a copy of the SBMT by-laws, please contact SBMT’s Board Recording Secretary, Janet Miller.
Congratulations again to all our honorees!