Auditions for SBMT’s January/February 2017 production of 1776 are just around the corner. Auditions will be held on:
- Saturday, July 16, 2016 – SBMT rehearsal space, 761 Mabury Road #20, San Jose
- Monday, July 18, 2016 – Saratoga Civic Theater, 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga
Please note: Auditions will be held at different locations. Keep this in mind when selecting your audition date and time.
Callbacks will be held July 23 and 24 at the Saratoga Civic Theater. Callback times will be provided after auditions.
To audition, please prepare:
- A short (16-32 bars) audition song excerpt that shows off your singing abilities and vocal range.
- Sheet music in your key (no recordings or a cappella, please). An accompanist will be provided.
- A head shot and resume. If you do not have a resume, a form will be available to provide us with the information we will need. A simple headshot can be taken at the audition.
Go to http://sbmt.ivolunteer.com/1776_auditions to sign up.
South Bay Musical Theatre encourages actors of all ethnicities to audition for our productions.
Rehearsals will begin in late November, 2016.Rehearsals will be held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Not all actors will be called for all rehearsals. Please be aware that conflicts with the rehearsal schedule will greatly affect casting.
All roles are eligible to receive a stipend.
Performances take place Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from January 28, 2017 to February 18, 2017. There is one Thursday performance on February 16.
If you have any questions, please contact Dave Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Walter M. Mayes
Producer: Dave Leon
Musical Director: Joe Kelly
Vocal Director: Walter M. Mayes
Stage Manager: Emily Pye
Roles are open to both men and women unless noted. Actors of color are strongly encouraged to audition. The production will feature period dress and all roles will be played as written, regardless of the sex or ethnicity of the actor.
Because these are historical characters, the ages of each is known and is listed in the full character breakdown posted on the Sign-Up Genius site.