Lots of activity for SBMT in the next few weeks!
Saturday, September 17: CITY OF ANGELS
CITY OF ANGELS opens at 8pm on Saturday, Sep. 17 at the Saratoga Civic Theatre. Join us for a gala opening, complete with bubbly champagne and delicious treats! And of course, the terrific cast, orchestra, and crew will dazzle you with this movie-within-the-show. Move from the black-and-white film noir world to the color of Hollywood in the 1940s … and see what happens when those worlds collide! It’s a a hilariously creative combination of film noire detective story and an all-too-real writer’s battle for his integrity, both set to Cy Coleman’s sparklingly jazzy score. Got tickets??
Sunday, September 25: ALWAYS, PATSY CLINE
The first of two performances of ALWAYS, PATSY CLINE takes place at 7:30pm Sunday, September 25, at the Saratoga Civic Theatre. It’s a touching, humorous, and insightful tale about an unlikely friendship between the star and her biggest fan. The show is based on a true story about Cline’s relationship with a devotee from Houston named Louise Seger, who befriended the singer in a Texas honky-tonk in l961, and continued a correspondence with Cline until her untimely death. This production is imported from Limelight Actors’ Theatre in Gilroy, where it sold out – so get tickets now!
Wednesday, September 21: Board Meeting
Per discussion by the Board in the August meeting, SBMT will post a brief summary of each month’s Board meeting and a reminder of the next meeting in this blog. The next monthly meeting of the SBMT Board takes place next Wednesday evening, September 21, at 7pm. If you are interested in the meeting, contact Board Chair Barbara Heninger by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary of August Board Meeting:
- Agreed to purchase wireless in-ear monitor system with four receivers, first use in CITY OF ANGELS.
- Lobby Volunteers will be added to the Active Members list. A system will be created to track different groups of volunteers for the organization.
- Scheduling a separate ‘retreat’ meeting to discuss future plans for the organization.
- Chair will contact potential Board Members to fill the current open position.
- Board reviewing 2017-18 season repertoire provided by Season Selection committee.