The countdown to Christmas is now at five short days. If you are still scratching your head trying to think of the perfect gift for that loved one who has everything, consider the gift of entertainment. South Bay Musical Theatre has two more fantastic shows this season that would make great presents for those last-minute stocking stuffers: Peter and the Starcatcher and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
What type of people would most love tickets to these shows? I can think of at least five:
- Youngsters. Both of these shows are appropriate for all ages, including your kids or grandkids. Peter and the Starcatcher tells us the prequel of the Peter Pan story we all know and love, while The Hunchback of Notre Dame offers a message of acceptance and redemption for those of us who don’t “fit in.”
- Disney fans. If you know someone who is a fan of all things Disney, they won’t want to miss the opportunity to see how The Hunchback of Notre Dame was expanded and adapted for the Broadway stage from the acclaimed animated film. Peter and the Starcatcher was also developed by Disney Theatrical.
- Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken fans. The Hunchback of Notre Dame was written by these great legends of musical theater. You probably know and love many of their other works, including Wicked, Godspell, Pippin, and Children of Eden (Schwartz) and Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Little Shop of Horrors (Menken).
- Dave Barry fans. Best-selling humorist Dave Barry (who used to write a syndicated newspaper column and a long list of both fiction and non-fiction books) co-wrote the children’s book on which Peter and the Starcatcher is based.
- New works fans. Both of these shows are relatively new to the community theater circuit, fresh from their limited runs on Broadway. Unless your loved ones travel to New York regularly, chances are these are undiscovered gems they have not yet had the opportunity to enjoy.
If you want to buy tickets in time for Christmas, just go to our website and you can buy them online, pick your own seat, and print them right at home. Keep in mind that your recipients can exchange the tickets for a different date if they have a conflict on the date you choose for them. All they need to do is to call our box office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. at 408-266-4734, and our friendly volunteers will be happy to assist.
May your holidays be filled with music, love, and laughter!
—Your friends at South Bay Musical Theatre